Monday 28 March 2016

Day 18 - Compromise

After a pretty miserable day yesterday I think I'm going to spend the last 4 days with only one application (in the morning) instead of two per day. For the last few nights I've been woken by pain and itching on my face, around 2:00 3:00 am. For most of the day I can get by with it ok and can nearly ignore it ( let's say 4/10), but for some parts of the day (early afternoon, and very late at night) the level rises significantly and it's close to, let's say, 7/10. I used ice packs yesterday which felt wonderful but the cooling effect stops immediately you remove the pack so it's very temporary. I'm not prepared to do that in the middle of the night in bed....So last night I skipped the evening application, figuring that about 6 hours after one applies the cream that the cell suicide starts (and the pain).  I still got woken around 2-3 but not so badly.

What a wimp!

A lot of skin flaked off this morning, it's definitely having the desired effect. My brother in law has done this but he was advised to do one section e.g. forehead, at a time, and one week on, three weeks off. Would I do the same maybe? I'm not sure. I like the idea of doing it all at once ( his way means each section needs to be done for at least 4 months!) but I don't think I would ever recommend anyone going through my days 12 -18!. I was imagining mild aggravation. This has turned out to be major discomfort and constant major aggravation, and near to 'god it hurts'.

The two people I know who have done this both only did it for two weeks, and I'm being urged to do the same. I figure a compromise will be to do the whole recommended 21 days, but for my last 5 days only do one thorough application in the morning. That should keep the cell suicide going but reduce the severity.

Good Luck !


No comments:

Post a Comment